[Unbound-users] Validating the root: translation of ICANN XML file

Rob Gallagher robert.gallagher at heanet.ie
Wed Jul 21 09:35:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:11:17 -0400
7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o at gmail.com> wrote:

> I now have  root-anchors.mkey and root-anchors.dnskey; where do I put
> them, and how do I incorporate them into unbound.conf?

I used the auto-trust-anchor-file directive in unbound.conf:

 auto-trust-anchor-file: "/etc/unbound/anchors/root/root-anchors.txt"

Once you restart unbound, that file should have the automatically
retrieved root anchor, via rfc5011 magic. If you are running unbound as
a different user, make sure the file is owned by that user as unbound
will need to write to it periodically.

rg

--
Rob Gallagher | Public Key: 0x1DD13A78

HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
T: (+353-1) 6609040  F: (+353-1) 6603666 WWW: http://www.heanet.ie/