[Unbound-users] small bug ?

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Thu Feb 4 09:46:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

As someone with more interrest in DNS and DNSSEC than more people, I
tried the following page:

http://test.ipv6.tk/

Now I have an unbound running on my machine, but it does not have
anything configured to do validation.

But still this page says:

"Your ISP validates DNSSEC for .se"

So I tried again with the latest version of unbound and created a
pcap-file to see what was going on.

And I found out unbound was sending queries with the D0-bit set, but it
isn't configured to actually validate anything.

Is their a way to turn this off when needed (for example if I'm running
unbound on a laptop and am somewhere with a bad firewall) ?

Is this a bug or is this on purpose ?

Just a few questions I came up with while I was typing this. :-)

Anyway, thank you for creating Unbound.

Have a nice day,
     Leen.