[Unbound-users] howto optimize cachesize ?

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Dec 23 09:46:00 UTC 2010

Zitat von Andreas Schulze <andreas.schulze at datev.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm faced with the question if my unbound's cachesize is large enough.
>
> The ideal size is reached, if unbound discards entries from the cache
> *only if* their ttl was expired.

I doubt that the input queries and the result sets are that static so
it isn't really useful to get the "optimum" value at some point in
time. For most cases it would be best to raise the RAM limits until
the performance is as needed and add some room to grow if RAM is
available.

> Could anybody recommend a testplan, which values should be measured?

You might try to get something useful with
http://www.unbound.net/documentation/unbound-control.html

> Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Fröhliche Weihnachten

Andreas