[Unbound-users] Troubles with using Round-Robin balancing.

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Wed Apr 21 09:25:36 UTC 2010

Pavel wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't clearly understand
> what you want to say?

Likewise, I don't quite see what you're trying to do. Maybe you could
describe what you expect.

> Does this feature limitation of unbound
> is by-design?

What limitation do you see here? Btw, dnscache does not do "round-robin"
either. Try e.g.:

dig rrtest.arglkargh.de @85.10.240.249 (Unbound from svn-trunk)
dig rrtest.arglkargh.de @85.10.240.251 (dnscache w/ dnscurve-Patch)

Both Unbound and dnscache return the same order from the cache on every
query.

> Just for note, djbdns works properly in this case, it gets by
> including required zone to forward section.

dnscache caches answers from forwarders, too, and returns them in a
"fixed" order. Maybe you should explain your configuration in more detail.

Hauke.