[Unbound-users] Once TTL has gone, don't fetch again

Koh-ichi Ito kohi at iri.co.jp
Wed Sep 9 08:58:52 UTC 2009

Hello again, Wouter

At Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:57:43 +0200,
W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Yes I could reproduce this.
>
> The trouble is this:
> the TTL for ns1.visualjapan.co.jp and ns2.visualjapan.co.jp
> is 3600 when visualjapan.co.jp servers are queried, not
> 86400 like the other IP addresses have - like the lame
> server has.

Original poster in our forum agrees your description. But he
also points out that the problem doesn't occur with BIND9.

Though we understand that to fix lame delegation is proper
way, I guess this is a disadvantage to deploy unbound. Any
plan to rescue?

For example, if you find that ns-tk022.ocn.ad.jp is lame
delegated, fetch A's of ns[12].visualjapan.co.jp, and
continue to work.

Thanks in advance

					Koh-ichi Ito