[Unbound-users] Domains without A registry in nameservers

Isaac González isaac.gonzalez at es.clara.net
Fri Oct 9 15:35:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

We are currently running unbound in a anycasting scenario and works great.  I've found some problems catching domains without NS A records at nameservers (some servers does not provide A records for nameservers) , I've found a workaround adding a local-data in the configuration but if the provider change the nameserver ip address it will fail. Do you know an alternative workaround or some configuration parameter to solve this problem?

PD. For example: http://thednsreport.com/?domain=sanvic.es

My workaround:

local-zone: "actualcat.com."
transparent
local-data: "ns1.actualcat.com A
213.192.239.111"
local-data: "ns2.actualcat.com A 213.192.239.112"

Isaac González