[Unbound-users] Domains without A registry in nameservers

Fri Oct 9 09:58:08 UTC 2009

Hi Isaac,

It is not that .es does not provide glue. That is not a problem here.

The ns1.actualcat.com server 'exists' in the .com nameservers.
But not on the actualcat.com servers themselves, they give NXDOMAIN.
Unbound refuses to use this. That is why sanvic.es returns SERVFAIL.

(is .com hijacked?  No, this looks like a registration problem).