[Unbound-users] stub zone and authoritative answers

Vadim vvatlin at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 8 11:41:43 UTC 2009

Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> Ok. But i needn't another authoritative server I have a such one - bind.
>> I just want that unbound set AA flag in the answer packages for my dns
>> zones.
>>

> Why? More specific: Why you need recursive server to return
> authoritative answer instead of using authoritative server?
>
> Ondrej

I dont want to show my authoritative server (bind) to external
network(internet), because it's heavier
and slower than unbound. Therefore I want that unbound will answer all
dns requests, _cache_ them and
make "bind" life easier.  I regard unbound as a cache layer before
authoritative server.

internet

cache layer (unbound)

authoritative servers (bind)