[Unbound-users] DNSSEC deployment in Canada

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 8 03:57:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

At the SecTor (www.sector.ca) conference yesterday, CIRA launched the
DNSSEC test bed for dot-ca. You can find the presentation that Norm
Ritchie and I gave, plus testbed related information, in the links below.

http://www.cira.ca/dnssec/
http://www.xelerance.com/talks/CIRA_Sector_2009_v4.pdf

A video with synchronised slide deck should be up on the SecTor site in
the next week or so. We also received some press coverage:

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3842711

During the two day conference, everyone using the local wifi network were
given two DNSSEC enabled resolvers (unbound) via DHCP configured with
all known production TLD DNSSEC keys, the dot-ca test bed key and zone,
and DLV enabled. We did not receive a single complaint and we noticed
no issues ourselves, though I'm sure our audience was not as tech savvy
as IETF or RIPE attendees. Some statistics can be found (for a little
while) at:

https://demo3.xelerance.com/munin/localhost/localhost.html#Dns

If you have a .ca domain, please join our test bed!

Paul