[Unbound-users] NOTIFY implementation to unbound

Marcus Alves Grando marcus at sbh.eng.br
Tue Oct 6 18:10:21 UTC 2009

On 10/06/2009 01:50 PM, Aaron Hopkins wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Marcus Alves Grando wrote:
>> I think that can be used in many cases, since most of times we need to
>> propagate fast DNS modifications to our DNS internals.
>
> There's already a remote API for this in unbound, with access control.  See
> unbound-control's "flush_zone".  Assuming your zone update process has or
> can have some scripting/automation, just run unbound-control flush_zone
> against your recursive servers when you update a zone.

Yes, I know. But with do not use native DNS infrastructure to do this
using NOTIFY? Why create an script in master DNS to check if some zone
are modified and connect on all remote unbound and execute flush.
Doesn't make sense to me.

This idea doesn't break anything, it just implement an easy way to keep
your info fresh into your recursives dns. The principle of RFC-1996.

Am I wrong?

--
Marcus Alves Grando
marcus(at)sbh.eng.br | Personal