[Unbound-users] unbound and hobbit / xymon

Gabriel Petrescu gabrielescu at gmail.com
Sun May 17 17:08:11 UTC 2009

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for oyur answer:)

It clarified a part of my issue.

MY architecture is:

an unbound dns server with a hobbit client.
the hobbit client should run a script which gets data somehow from unbound
dns and than send it to hobbit server.

[hobbit or xymon is the same application, the name difference is based on
some copyright issues.]

about running unbound-control stat command

here I get several errors:

root at unbound3:~# unbound-control start
root at unbound3:~# unbound-control stats
error: Error setting up SSL_CTX client key and cert
4281:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('/var/unbound/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound_control.pem','r')
4281:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:
4281:error:140AD002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:system
lib:ssl_rsa.c:470:

I used the tutorial from:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-using-unbound-nameserver-on-debian-etch

in config file: I have the following:

remote-control:

 control-enable: yes
 # what interfaces are listened to for remote control.
        # give 0.0.0.0 and ::0 to listen to all interfaces.
        # control-interface: 127.0.0.1
        # control-interface: ::1

        # port number for remote control operations.
        # control-port: 953

        # unbound server key file.
         server-key-file: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound_server.key"

        # unbound server certificate file.
         server-cert-file: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound_server.pem"

        # unbound-control key file.
         control-key-file: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound_control.key"

 # unbound-control certificate file.
         control-cert-file: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound_control.pem"

based on the info I have here:
http://unbound.net/documentation/howto_setup.html

it should be fine

I am using ubuntu server, latest version.

Thank you for any ideea, help:)

Gabi

I made a fresh install on ubuntu, using the example here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-using-unbound-nameserver-on-debian-etch

after that, i added in config file the info from:

http://www.unbound.net/documentation/howto_setup.html

so, if i make a hoobit script where i run the unbound-control set and than
replace