[Unbound-users] SERVFAIL then proper reply

Fri Jul 3 14:25:57 UTC 2009

Hi Stephane,

I think this is a result of a bug I already fixed, which barfed the
security status after taking a query from the cache a second time.

In your logs this seems to happen for in-addr.arpa.dlv.isc.org, which
loses the secure status for its DLV answer, which in turn makes the
DLV lookup error, which generates the servfail.  Why the second lookup
then succeeds I do not understand.

I hope the bug is fixed in 1.3.1 (just with release candidate),
otherwise I'd like to look at a higher verbosity log for it.

Best regards and thanks for reporting,
    Wouter