[Unbound-users] ubuntu install problems

James Nutt james.nutt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:20:28 UTC 2009

Hi!  Thank you for providing this support avenue.

I am new to unbound and, unfortunately, not as linux savvy as I would
like to be.  I am trying to compile and install from source on ubuntu
8.10 server.  ./configure seems to be successful, but make exits with
the following error:

root at DNSNUTT:/home/james/unbound-1.2.1 2# make
./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -R/usr/lib -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -
pthread -L/usr/lib -o unbound-host build/compat/strlcpy.lo build/
smallapp/unbound-host.lo -L. -L.libs -lunbound -lldns   -lcrypto
libtool: link: cannot find the library `' or unhandled argument `2'
make: *** [unbound-host] Error 1

I googled this, but did not find a solution.

Thank you.