[Unbound-users] Unbound fails to stub-zone to localhost

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Wed Oct 1 13:19:17 UTC 2008

I ran into this before and found out that using 127.0.0.0/8 will not
work. I assigned 10.0.0.1 as a virtual address on eth0 and that did the
trick. I then set my rbldnsd daemon to listen on 10.0.0.1

In unbound.conf I have

forward-zone:
        name: "blacklist.rbl"
        forward-addr: 10.0.0.1

Obviously, your context is different but the general rule applies.
Unbound will not query forward zones on 127.0.0.0. Use another IP
address. Either the public IP of the host NSD is running on, or a
RFC1918 address.

Hope this helps,

Patrick Vande Walle