[Unbound-users] Strange SERVFAIL from unbound

Fri Nov 14 12:53:27 UTC 2008

Hi Aaron,

Looked at zen.spamhaus.org; but I could not see how harden-glue would
make an impact. Or how A records could time out while the AAAA do not.
They have the same timeout value (4 hours). I think it is possible to
change the code to deal with this situation, but I would like to know
how it happened.

The 30 minutes sounds close to the 15 minute (900 second) default
timeout on lameness detections.  Various kinds of badness are detected
and stored in the infrastructure cache.  Again, with 22 servers, it
seems unlikely all their A records are lame.

Do you have more log information (you can send this off list) you can
share with me?  Lots of data before this point, that deals with
*.spamhaus.org.  If you gzip it, 100M of log is only 1 meg email.

If it happens again can you query with dig +norec a.ns.spamhaus.org ?
And dig +norec +cdflag +dnssec a.ns.spamhaus.org ?