[Unbound-users] Replacing BIND with Unbound on FreeBSD 2008.04.11

Wouter Wijngaards wouter at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Apr 11 08:52:03 UTC 2008

Hi Randy,

Thank you very much for sharing this. I can see it very useful to other
people that want to run unbound.

Couple nits:
o you are running an open resolver in this way. It is discouraged by
dnsop-wg from IETF. access-control: 10.0.0.0/8 allow is nicer (if you
are running on a local subnet). You can also use a firewall of course.
o you may need to symbolic link /dev/random to /your_chroot/dev/random,
so that openssl can get entropy. (or dev/urandom, depending on SSL config)

Best regards,
~   Wouter